[Please note that our journal is now online, and you can download abstracts and full text directly from the archive section here.]
“The Ethiopian Journal of Biological Sciences (EJBS) is proud to announce that due to the diligent and dedicated hard work of the Secretariat and Editorial Board of the journal, we have been able to restore the timeliness of the journal now and hence manuscripts will be henceforth processed and published within the scheduled time with no delay. This is therefore to solicit biologists, senior staff and graduate students to send manuscripts for inclusion in the next issue of EJBS, March 2021, Vol. 20 (1). The manuscripts should be of sound scientific quality, carefully written and articulated manuscripts prepared in the EJBS format (see Guidelines to Authors) and should be submitted online at firstname.lastname@example.org; Attention Ms. Abenet Girma. Editorial Assistant. Your article will be published online on the African Journals Online (AJOL) website between the months of March – June, 2021.”
The Biological Society of Ethiopia is a professional association of biologists. One of the objectives of the Society is to publish scientific journals and other documents as media for communication among its members and the other researchers in the diverse fields of biology. To this effect, the Ethiopian Journal of Biological Sciences (Ethiop. J. Biol. Sci.) was launched in September 2002 as an official journal of the Biological Society of Ethiopia (BSE). It is a biannual (March and September), peer-reviewed journal that covers all aspects of basic and applied biology. It publishes research (full length) articles, short communications, review articles, book reviews, feature articles and dissertation abstracts.
- Editor-in-Chief Prof. Seyoum Mengistou, Dept. of Zoological Sciences, AAU
- Editor Prof. Zerihun Woldu, Dept. of Plant Biology and Biodiversity Management, AAU
- Prof. M. Balakrishnan, Dept. of Zoological Sciences, AAU
- Dr. Mekuria Lakew, Dept. of Microbial, Cellular and Molecular Biology, AAU
- Dr. Tadesse Woldemariam, Environment and Coffee Forest Forum
- Prof. Abebe Getahun, Dept. of Zoological Sciences, AAU
- Dr. Fassil Assefa, Dept. of Microbial, Cellular and Molecular Biology, AAU
- Dr. Tileye Feyissa, Dept. of Microbial, Cellular and Molecular Biology, AAU
- Dr. Tamrat Bekele, Dept. of Plant Biology and Biodiversity Management, AAU
- Editorial Assistant Miss Abenet Girma, The Biological Society of Ethiopia
You can contact the editorial assistant at email@example.com for manuscript submission or any other queries.
Now we are online and you can submit your articles online! Read the following brief guideline.
Online submission of articles has been requested by BSE members for a long time. Instead of sending the printed manuscripts by post, submitting the soft copy online makes it very easy for reviewers and editors in handling the manuscript. Thus, we have now made available online submission modules.
What does the journal publish ?
1) The Ethiopian Journal of Biological Sciences (Ethiop. J. Biol. Sci.) publishes scholarly standard (full length) articles in the various basic and applied biological disciplines.
2) It also publishes feature articles, short communications, review articles, book reviews and dissertation abstracts. Conference proceedings can be published as special issue
How to send manuscript to EJBS online—follow the following procedures:
Go to the main web address at: Click here.
In order to submit an article, you must be registered as an author. Click on “User Home” at the top of the site and choose Author option. If you are not registered, please contact a Journal Manager to add you.
To start a submission, go to User Home > Author .
step 1— Author submission page (sign agreement form); Go to Active or New submission options.
Step 2—Uploading the submission page
Step 3—Enter metadata required (interactive)
Step 4—Supplementary data (if required) and
Step 5—Finish and log out.